First (and second) thoughts and feelings:
• Childhood memories of reluctant shopping trips
• Getting lost among the out-of-town trading estates on the way home from visiting friends
• Museum displays of ancient archaeological finds showing the original rural inhabitants of the area
• 19th/20th century industrial expansion including brick making
• Constant change, re-invention
• Nothing -> something -> lots
• Simple -> complex
• Layers of history
Set into a sea of green countryside – maybe a layer of green at under the sheers to suggest the countryside around Slough.!
When we are gone the fields and trees will still be there.